Keymitt Embedded Systems Engineer (MID/SENIOR)
Keymitt is an international company and brand of smart home products that make life easier. We develop devices that retrofit existing door locks, intercoms, switches and dials, to make them smart. A big part of our work is around software and cloud, and our objective is to expand boundaries and develop a truly universal and ubiquitous service that may affect millions.
An embedded system is a combination of computer hardware, software, and mechanical parts (sensors, actuators, etc.) that is designed to perform a specific function, often in real-time. These systems require a high degree of predictability and reliability; have a variety of requirements that include size, power, safety, security, cost, and regulation; and typically communicate with one another and interact with the physical world via sensors and actuators in a feedback loop. Embedded systems—such as a microcontroller in a car—are usually not apparent to the user, but are integral for the successful completion of a particular function (such as the control of a braking system or power windows). Embedded systems engineers research, design, develop, test, and troubleshoot embedded systems.
- Design, prototype and verify systems for various embedded applications
- Develop and maintain firmware for embedded platforms
- Create and manage documentation for active projects
- Interact with clients and help with the development of customized embedded solutions
- Test and debug embedded software and applications
- Develop hardware and software specifications
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Provide technical assistance to clients and sales team
- Develop tools and techniques for testing and verification
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or computer science
- Minimum 4 years of experience in embedded software or hardware development
- Experience with Bluetooth applications
- Sound knowledge of VHDL, C, C++ and assembly
- Good grasp of testing and debugging techniques and protocols
- Working knowledge of linux and version control systems
- Excellent knowledge of interface and network protocols
- High degree of familiarity with logic analyzers, digital storage oscilloscope etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
What we offer:
- Employee stock incentive;
- Personal development budget to help you learn and grow including health & wellness;
- Interesting and fun work environment with great coffee, fruits and cookies everyday;
- Open vacation policy for every type of contract and flexible working hours;
- Regular Amazon book orders for the Keymitt library.